St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School opened its doors in September of 1959 in a temporary building in Maryvale, a part of West Phoenix.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School was founded by Vincentian priests and the Daughters of Charity, whose charism is service to the underserved. Four Daughters of Charity and one lay teacher served first through fifth grade students in the school’s first year.
As St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School grew, one grade was added to the school each year through 1962. In 1966, a Kindergarten was also added, and the school grew to a peak enrollment of 787 students with two classes in each grade.
Since then, enrollment has decreased, with the lowest enrollment of 250 students, reverting the school back to a single class per grade by 1989. Current enrollment is 525, with most grades at capacity. Recent renovations have created updated learning environments for the school, one of the largest in the Diocese of Phoenix.
Today, a qualified, caring, and committed staff serve St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School. Mr. Enrique Diaz, Principal, Sister Cabrini Thomas, School Director, Mrs. Kelly Aranowski, Assistant Principal, and Mrs. Rose Defer, Development Director, make up the administrative team.
The Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul sponsor the school, committing themselves to its educational programs.
For over fifty years, more than sixty Daughters have been serving the families of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School and its community. The school strives to help students in their self-worth, love of God, and love of neighbor. They want to make Catholic education affordable and accessible to all families who desire their children to have one and work diligently to utilize resources that make that possible, like Catholic Education Arizona.
Catholic Education Arizona is committed to funding students’ tuition through The Private Education Tax Credit. Visit our website and make a difference today!