Option 1: Contribute Online
First Time Contribution: Your tax credit contribution is a priceless investment in the future of Arizona’s children. Thank you!
Option 2: Mail-in Your Contribution
Credit for Corporate Contributions to School Tuition Organizations
Have you contributed to CEA before? Annual tax credit contributions or donations are made easier by having your very own donor account. View contribution history, print receipts, receive school updates, and much more.
How Does it Work?
Take a quick look at last year’s state tax return. If you file Form 140, look at Line 48 to find the amount that you can contribute. If you file Form 140PY, look at Line 58. Still not sure? Visit our website. For singles, the contribution limit for 2020 is $1183, for married couples, the limit is $2365.
Designate the school(s) of your choice, or choose the General Scholarship Fund which serves all of our Catholic schools, especially those in most need.
- If you contributed online using the CEA website and contributor portal, a tax receipt will be emailed to you immediately upon confirmation of your contribution. Or you can print your tax receipt from the contributor portal after the contribution is successful. If your tax receipt doesn’t arrive via email, please check your “spam” folder or call CEA for assistance.
- If you contributed by calling CEA, a tax receipt will be emailed or mailed to you; whichever method you prefer to receive your tax receipt
- If you contributed via mail, a tax receipt will be mailed to you
Please present your tax receipt to your tax preparer or to Turbo Tax when filing your taxes as proof you have paid your taxes to CEA.
Are you preparing your taxes without assistance from a tax preparer? Please remember, you will need to complete Tax Form 323 for the original tax credit and Tax form 348 for the supplemental Tax credit also referred to as “Switcher.” Both tax forms are conveniently available for you here on our website in English and Spanish.
Monthly Contributions through Scheduled Pay!
Scheduling your tax credit contribution to Catholic Education Arizona (CEA) over several months makes it easier to contribute to our Catholic schools. If making smaller payments suits your budget, here’s how you can make monthly contributions through Scheduled Pay!
- Please click the “Create a Tax Tear 2021 Contribution Schedule through Scheduled Pay!” link to begin your scheduled contributions through December 31, 2021 for Tax Year 2021.
- You will be prompted to register in the CEA Contributor Portal.
- Choose the amount you would like to contribute each month, and select the day of the month most convenient for you.
Need help? No problem. Please call Catholic Education Arizona at 602-218-6542 to set up monthly contributions over the telephone.
Employee Payroll Deduction
An easy and convenient way to support our Catholic schools “without any reduction in your net pay” is through the Employee Payroll Deduction program. This program, offered by the Diocese, directs state taxes automatically taken out of your paychecks to Catholic Education Arizona instead of to the state.
- Select the contribution option you prefer. Option #1 is the most popular. Option #1 automatically contributes the amount already being withheld for Arizona State Taxes to CEA.
- Log into the benefit portal at www.dopbenefits.bswift.com
- Select “Life Events” on the “welcome” page
- Select “Other Life Events”
- Click on “Enroll/Change my Catholic Arizona Education Contribution”
This opportunity is designated a “Life Event,” meaning you can enroll at any time all year ‘round. You do not need to wait until “Open Enrollment” in May or November. You must re-enroll every year.